This policy covers Geosense's treatment of personally identifiable information that Geosense collects when you visit Geosense’s internet web sites, and when you use Geosense’s services. This policy also covers Geosense’s treatment of any personally identifiable information that Getmapping’s business partners share with Geosense.
Information Collection and Use
In general you can browse the www.geosense.co.za web site without disclosing any information about yourself.
Geosense collects personally identifying information when you
- Make a contact request
- Register to purchase a product
- Request an account
Geosense uses information gathered to fulfil your requests for contact. Geosense also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your address, the domain name, the type of browser and operating system used, the URL of the referring page and the completion status of the request.
Geosense have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website using VeCapture by Ve Interactive, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction by clicking submit/next. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your registration/transaction and improve our online operations.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Geosense will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. Geosense may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Geosense to provide a product or service to you; (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to court orders or any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply or legal proce
- Geosense’s websites may set and access cookies on your computer.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
- Here you can find more information about cookies.
Geosense uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Geosense’s services.
- Enable e-commerce functionality, such as remembering items in basket.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Geosense’s content and services.
- Tracking what royalties to pay our affiliates (this often done through Trade Doubler).
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
- Find out how to disable/enable cookies.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the Data Protection Act to protect personal information about you.
Changes to this Policy
Geosense may amend this policy from time to time.